FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Packaging Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: None
The Packaging Technician is responsible for activities supporting the packaging, labeling, and assembly of product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates packaging equipment including scales, bag sealer, product conveyors and other equipment
- Ensures the correct number of products are packaged
- Ensures all compliance labels and warnings are placed on packaged products
- Keeps packaging area cleaned and organized
- Works respectfully and collectively with other NSM team members and departments
- Follows all safety regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Prolonged periods of standing.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Exposure to fertilizer, dusts, odors, allergens, pollen, and other environmental variables.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days will vary.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Must be able to pass state and federal background checks
- Experience and knowledge in manufacturing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle high stress situations
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to focus attention to tasks
- Must be at least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the US.
- Must be willing to work 7 days a week if necessary, and to be flexible with schedule.
- Ability to work (4) 10-hour shifts.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Laborer industry experience preferred but not required.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.