Here’s How To Register For A Medical Cannabis Patient Card in Arkansas
The Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) has begun accepting applications for medical marijuana patient cards.
- Print the blank patient certification form.
- Visit your doctor (Arkansas M.D. or D.O.) and provide him/her with the form. Your doctor only has to certify that you have a qualifying condition (see below).
- Complete the online form on the ADH website and upload a photo of your doctor certification and your Arkansas state I.D. or drivers license.
- Pay the $50.00 yearly fee. You can pay ADH online with a debit or credit card.
The ADH should mail your patient identification card within 30 days of dispensaries carrying medical cannabis – it will be valid for a year after the date of issuance.
Alternativley, the completed application and fee may be submitted by mail. You can request a paper application by mail by calling the ADH at 501-682-4982.
If your physician won’t agree to complete a written certification for you, this is our list of doctors willing to write medical marijuana certifications:
Here’s what the Arkansas medical cannabis patient cards will look like:
The Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) confirmed to us that your information is HIPAA-protected and will not be shared with anyone. No one will be able to verify that you are on the list. The only information that will be shared is with Arkansas police – the ADH will just confirm to the police that you have a valid card, no other information.
Current list of qualifying medical conditions:
- Hepatitis C
- ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis)
- Tourette’s Syndrome
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Severe Arthritis
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Intractable Pain
- Defined as pain that has not responded to ordinary medications, treatment, or surgical measures for more than six (6) months
- Severe Nausea
- Including without limitation those characteristic of epilepsy
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms
- Including without limitation those characteristic of multiple sclerosis